The main goal of this course is to teach the basics of Number System and how values are represented in the memory of computer. This is very basic knowledge that any programmer/ Computer Science student must posses. This course is to help all those aspiring programmers to build their sound fundamentals with Number System.
You will learn:
- Basic concept of Number System.
- Standard number systems – Octal, Hexadecimal, Binary.
- How to convert number from any of these system to decimal and vice versa.
- 1s and 2s complement technique. Negative number representation using 2s complement technique.
- How subtraction is done using 2s complement in the memory.
- Real number representation using IEEE 754 standard.
Please do not enrol if you are:
- Not interested of doing basic math calculations using pen and paper.
- Expecting representations using graphics and animation, I did all the writings on the white board. They are really easy to understand.
Feel free to ask questions in the Q/A section, you will find me always with you during the learning process.
- Those who wants to pursue a career in Computer Science or Electronics, particularly as a programmer or research scholar.
- Who wants to have a good understanding of how values are represented in memory of computer.
- All students who wants to understand different number system.
- All students who wants to understand how real numbers are represented in the memory using IEEE 754 standard.